Fractional CO2 laser treatments are becoming increasingly popular for anti-aging and skin revitalization. CO2 laser treatments are very safe, affordable, and provide effective results. However, it is important to be properly prepared for your treatment to achieve optimal results.
CO2 laser treatments are very popular for anti-aging and skin revitalization.
- Schedule a consultation with a qualified and experienced physician. This is the most important step in preparing for your Fractional CO2 Laser treatment. During your consultation, your physician will evaluate your skin and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Choose a reputable and experienced physician. Be sure to do your research before choosing a physician. Ask for referrals from friends or family.
- Schedule your procedure at a time when you can take off from work and have someone stay with you for at least 24 hours.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the procedure.
- Follow all of your physician’s pre-operative instructions. These may include avoiding sun exposure, stopping certain medications, and using specific skin care products.
- Be sure to ask your physician any questions or concerns you may have before the procedure.
- Relax and have realistic expectations. CO2 laser treatments are very safe and effective. However, they are not a “cure-all” and will not fix all of your skin concerns.
- Be prepared for some downtime. Most patients experience redness, swelling, and discomfort for a few days following the procedure.
- Follow all of your physician’s post-operative instructions. These may include using specific skin care products, avoiding sun exposure, and staying out of hot tubs or pools.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your physician. This is typically 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
You can expect to have some discomfort after surgery. The amount of pain you have will vary depending on your pain threshold and the extent of your surgery. Your physician will prescribe pain medication to help ease your pain.